Thursday, April 1, 2010

my wedding things (on thursdays)

If you remember, a while ago I attended a very elegant and fancy event (where I finally got to wear my blue dress). Well, that event was ATASK's Silk Road Gala where not only was the food delicious, but the decorations beautiful. One of the most eye-catching decorations were the hundreds of large paper cranes hanging overhead:


After learning that the cranes would be recycled after the gala, I asked if I could have some of them. ATASK graciously gave me some, which my good friend (and co-author) Ranida, Squatchie and I handpainted with the wedding colors of pink and gold, using decorative paper as inspirations for the patterns. I have to admit that I was surprised that Squatchie's turned out the best. He is a sasquatch of many talents:

But they all looked lovely hanging overhead at the wedding: